Official Rules & Special Features
You must be 18 to enter.
You can register right now on VegasViolence.com. There you can also see the pot value & bonus prizes. More bonus prize details will be added as we get closer to the event, but so far we have lined up for you awesome prizes from Cosmic Comics, Monster Energy Drinks and The 80s Kids!
Online Pre-Registration (From now until 11 AM Pacific on January 26, 2013)
$5 venue fee
$5 buy-in per game
($10 for 1 game $15 for both if you pre-register)
Door Registration (January 26, 2013 11AM – 1PM Pacific)
$10 Venue fee (Girls Venue Fee FREE* only during Door Registration)
$5 buy in per game
($15 for one game, $20 for both at the door for men & $5 for one game, $10 for both at the door for women)
*GIRLS ARE FREE! Girls can have their venue fee waived if they wait to sign up at the door. Girls must still pay the $5 pot buy in per game.
Cash Prizes = 1st Prize 70% of the pot – 2nd Prize 20% – 3rd Prize 10% – Current pot value can be seen on VegasViolence.com.
There will be four causal stations. If you want to play a certain game leave a comment. These stations will be on the Hi Scores Bar-Arcade reverse projection screens.
Tournament matches will be played on EVO approved monitors. ASUS 23-inch LCD monitors with speakers.
This event will be LIVE streamed at http://vegasviolence.com/livestream
11:00AM Casual play begins & door registration opens. Online registration is now closed.
1:00PM Tournament begins. All stations cleared. Brackets will run until top 3 of each game. Top 3 will battle 3 out of 5. Whichever game has the most entries will be the grand finale.
Game & Tournament Rules
(Most of these are based off of EVO rules, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.)
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012
- Winner may change ultra, but has to pick ultra first after loser picks character.
- Players must agree on a stage immediately or the match will be random stage select.
- Xbox 360
- Versus Mode, 99 Seconds, 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, No Handicap (Top 3 – 3/5)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
- Winner must keep same starting character, but can switch the order of assists.
- You may not use any glitch that prevents the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
- Dead body infinites are allowed to gain a positional advantage, but not to delay the game.
- You may not use the same character twice on one team.
- Xbox 360
- 99 Seconds, 3/5 Games, Default Handicap, Default Damage (Top 3 – 3/5)
Detailed Tournament Rules (Evo format)
- ASUS 23-inch LCD monitors with speakers.
- All games will be played on the default settings, unless otherwise specified.
- All macros available via the in-game controller configuration menu are allowed.
- Hardware programmable input entry, rapid-fire, or other hardware assisted mechanisms are strictly forbidden.
- Accidently pausing the game at any time during the fight may force you to forfeit the round (solely at a judge’s discretion).
- Any player using “Random Select” to pick their character, must “Random Select” again if they win the match, provided that there is no way to pick a certain character in the random box.
- B.Y.O.C. Bring your own controller. *Wired controllers available for rent. $5 per day. $20 deposit.
- All games are on Xbox 360.
- All converters are the responsibility of the player.
- All wireless controllers are banned.
View the Facebook Event Page and don’t forget to pre-register at VegasViolence.com.
See you all there!
Comment with WordPress, Twitter, or Facebook